- About us
- Destination Flyways
- Georgia Product Development
- STREAM (Sustainable Tourism through Energy Efficiency with Adaptation and Mitigation Measures)
- Training on Tourism and Biodiversity
- PEEK (Programme for Energy Efficiency)
- Indonesia: Tourism Development supporting Biodiversity conservation in Pangandaran
- Thailand: Biodiversity and Tourism development in the Phang Nga Province
- Contact us
We develop and deliver tools to assist in the management, communication and participatory development of tourism programs and infrastructure. Designing programs and practices to demonstrate that strong mutual benefit to both tourism development and biodiversity protection is not only possible, but also feasible, is a keystone concept of our work.
Further, our work has a strong focus on engagement and empowerment of local people to ensure their participation in the development of sustainable tourism practices through active engagement with multi-stakeholder program design.
Alongside our partners we focus on improving locally based capacity, supporting knowledge sharing and fostering transparent participatory processes. We engage technical providers as needed and ensure that knowledge transfer is accomplished to allow both long term application and replicable results.
The main principles and methods the UNWTO Consulting Unit incorporates while designing and implementing projects are: